I think I am coming down with MS or something. Tonight at a basketball game, I knocked over my pop,causing it erupt 10 oz. of Diet Coke all over the floor. Luckily, I am a Diet Pepsi person, but you know how you have to take what you can get in public concession stands. I went to get some napkins to sop it up and carefully placed them over the puddle since there weren't quite enough, even though I took most of the stack they had. Then my phone rang and I needed to meet my friend Helen in the lobby. Somehow my phone fell out of my purse, breaking apart on the floor. At this point I have the feeling all the people in the stands above me are watching. As I take my coat (so I can move to the other side of gym) it catches on a seat, yanking me backwards. I wave to another mom I know and she looks right at me and doesn't return the wave. Hopefully she doesn't recognize me with my new, dark hair, because here's the confession: I left the wet mess of napkins right there on the floor and never came back.
I made Helen go to the other side of gym where we sat behind a high school boy whose girlfriend is a cheerleader, and felt weirdly like I was intuding on a private romance as they made googly eyes at each other across the room. But I didn't drop anything else.
I got a new end table today for my dollhouse to sit on. Tomorrow I am going to do something with the kitchen. I got the furnishings for the dollhouse kitchen for Christmas from my sister. This table is really cool and I'm really thrilled about it. It seems like real wood! Painted yellow. I will take some pictures tomorrow. I invited Helen's daughter over who is soon to be 7 years old. I hope I am able to entertain her for a few hours. That will be my New Year's celebration. Oh, the serial killer in the book I am reading makes dollhouses. How creepy is that?
No comments:
Post a Comment