

Saturday morning we worked out at the New Y in New Albany. Unbelievable facility: climbing wall, splash pool, steam rooms, saunas, interactive/active kids game room. Their weight machines put our Y's to shame. Our Y needs some serious updating.
That afternoon we went to the Bodies Human exhibit at a new arts center that is housed in an old meat packing plant. The exhibit is human bodies preserved with a plastination process so you can see tendons, veins and muscles, not just the average skeleton. I guess it has been all over the country. I was bored after one or two bodies, most were male, anatomically correct as odd as it looked. I had to ask my brother in law why the balls were hanging above the penis'. TMI
Newphew10 and I are below with decor at the Mellwood Aart Center, Louisville.

That evening Betsy and I went to a Casino. It was a bust, but reconfirmed that I hate casinos, especially in Indiana where they allow smoking, everywhere. Well, they claimed to have a smoke-free room, but it was bordered by smoking on both sides with no barriers or ventilation system. I am so proud of Illinois for passing a tough smoke-free law. We could barely figure out how to work the slots and they were $1 a pull. Waste, waste, waste.
2 comments:
Thanks for blogging! Great memories.
Louisville KY has a no smoking ordinance, for heaven's sake, and Indiana doesn't. Go figure.
Nothing like a GOOD "Y," Susan, when you can find it. We saw the Bodies exhibit in NYC and loved it. I wished I had seen it during my Anatomy and Physiology class in Massage School! Every medical student needs to see it. It's amazing. Anyway, it sounds like you covered many bases...and YES, thank God for the non-smoking laws here in GA as well!
Post a Comment