Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Weekend Getaway


I spent last weekend with my favorite sister, Betsy, in Southern Indiana/Louisville, KY. Friday night we went out to dinner at Proof, a newer, haute cuisine place downtown. It housed a very interesting museum and hotel and featured unique public restrooms with one way mirrors and water walls. I have no idea what the food was we ate, and I'm sorry to say it wasn't that amazing. I think they used rice for risotto. I had to borrow a dress from Betsy and the cleavage wasn't so good...

The whole weekend was built around a Joel McHale show at the Palace Theater. The Palace is the most ridiculously fabulous restored movie house ever, and there are some really cool ones out there, I know. Here's a taste, but I didn't even try to photograph the auditorium. I was afraid I wouldn't do justice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bet your other sisters are jealous that Betsy is your fave!
I almost missed this post because the one with the Y came up first...

susan d said...

What other sisters??!!