Oh man. The upload on blogger is really slow!
I better not say too much on this post, even if Boy16 doesn't read my blog. He was invited to prom by a junior girl in the band. He reportedly had a good time including the after prom (see below) at the Rec Center. Wiped out the next day of course. I didn't get to see his date or if he matched her dress. Apparently that's how it's done these days. Matching the vest/tie to the girl's dress. Well, much better than the light blue tuxes with ruffled shirts of my day, not that I went to a prom, I did see pictures.

That's him in the yellow Beavis and Butthead shirt.
Oh, he got a big surprise in the mail yesterday. A couple of weeks ago he played a trumpet solo at a church along with a Bell Choir. It was a lovely piece of music. He did a great job. He loved doing it. Yesterday he got a thank you card in the mail with a check for $35. His first honorarium. He says, "I'm a professional!"
1 comment:
Awwwww. They grow up before your very eyes, Susan. Hang on to these moments! (And for the record, I never went to any proms whatsoever...ever!)
Post a Comment