Sunday, April 27, 2008

Stunning

These 3 amazing chandeliers hanging in the lobby of the Operaen were designed by some famous guy, Olafur Eliasson, from Iceland.
Did I mention that Maersk guy paid $500,000,000 for this place? And he didn't even want it named after him? THAT'S WHAT IMPRESSED ME. Over here, it would be called The WASTE MANAGEMENT OPERA HOUSE, or some such B.S.

In that picture below, inside that beautiful curved wood is the main peformance hall. I thought that was so very unique and beautiful. Some of the kids actually went to a live performance while we were there with their host families. That was a cool thing. There was time for each student to spend with their hosts doing whatever that family had in mind. Some went to Art Museums, extra castles, Viking ship museum and I went on my geneaology expedition!

1 comment:

madretz said...

Stunning is exactly what I thought when I enlarged your picture. It's amazing. Your posts are great, I'm loving every word and picture.