Saturday, August 05, 2023

 A couple of things resonated with me over time about grief, child loss, suicide loss, my loss of my firstborn, Adam. The first was, "It doesn't get easier, but you get more used to it." Later, I adopted the idea, "you grow around your grief." It's a journey for sure, and I am drawn to those who have to go through this also. 

Ok, this post has sat for days, when this morning I had an awakening, after awakening. Last weekend I took Adam's watch to the local jewelry store for a new battery, probably only the 2nd or 3rd time I've had to change it in the 7.5 years I've been wearing it. While I was waiting, I was looking at watches and decided maybe I could get a new band. The leather is wearing out and it always slides around on my wrist, even on the tightest hole. I had the guy punch a new hole and order me a new watchband. Later this week, as I was putting it on, the band broke. My new one will be here today. Hooray! Someone was making sure I didn't go without my watch for long. 

A step forward in the Mommy-Daughter relationship: it seems like my mom and I get along best when we are doing something together. Cooking is most often the go-to. Last Sunday we were making Blintzes (blinis, crepes) together, and I showed Mom how to get the blintz onto the spatula by tipping the pan. She was Amazed. She wondered how she never thought of this in all her 87 years!



Pat gave me a gift this week. He was looking through his Kindle and found this picture I don't remember ever seeing. Probably taken within the last year Adam was here. I love it and am grateful for every remembrance that comes my way. 




No comments: