Pat noticed I've been snippier lately. Probably the build up to this awful day.
I noticed this yesterday, February 2 means something else to most people than it does to me. I started seeing and hearing the annual "Happy Groundhogs Day" and chatter about the inane movie of that name (which I have never seen and never will). First all, it's just stupid to wish someone a HGD, IT'S NOT A HOLIDAY PEOPLE. Second, I'm not particularly happy on this day, even if I'm doing fine. Third, the whole prediction of winter based on a shadow, which seems to appear whether it's cloudy or sunny, is ridiculous. Winter is here until it's not here, PEOPLE.
On the other hand, I received many message of support this past week, and I very much appreciate the thoughts. Together we have accomplished much, from the contemplative labyrinth, to the annual Out of the Darkness Walk, to the random phone calls, emails, and personal stories I am often approached with. I feel honored that people trust me with their questions, shares, and biggest sorrows. I'm proud to be the "suicide person" in Macomb and McDonough County.
Peace out.
1 comment:
For any one mother/parent to go through what you have to go through at this time of the year, every year, is beyond my imagination, Susan. They say time heals all wounds. I doubt that is true, but I do know from experience that it DOES get better (in relation to other tragic events in my own life). I do wish the same for you....
Post a Comment