Walking in the light. Walking for Adam. Walking for awareness and prevention of suicide. Walking to remind people they are important, and we want them here.
The weekend was a little different, but I felt satisfied that we are reaching people with this little event. My favorite part was seeing the small groups linger after the walk and talk. Our group did this and it was a moment stretching out in a satisfying way.
Miraculously everything gets put away and cleaned up by volunteers- friends, family, Sigma Pi guys, Sigma Lambda Gamma girls, rando's with good hearts. I walk around the building pulling on all the doors. It's time to go home.
This year we painted rocks. Our Vick family is nicknamed "the Rocks" after a story was told years ago, so long I don't remember the story. Humph, that's funny.
If you see some of these around town, remember, you are special. There is good in the world. I love the one that says "Self-Compassion." It's one of my favorite therapy tools.

1 comment:
Another successful walk on a gorgeous day. Thank you for continuing this mission and for all you do for our family!
Post a Comment