This is not what the labyrinth looked like on Halloween. I was mentioning how cool it was last spring when recently burned. This picture was taken March 1, 2021 (my birthday). Yesterday, Halloween, the grasses were well over my head, and only a little falling over the path. The labyrinth is sturdy, isn't it? When the wind knocked them down in September, they stood back up. Ahh, nature, it never disappoints, does it?
This walk was special. This walk was led by M, an 18 year survivor mom, me, a 5+ year survivor mom, and T, a 1.1 year survivor mom. This is my support group, this is where it's okay to be the me nobody sees, not even my family. We can say or ask anything. Two hours passed in the blink of any eye. T led the way out, followed by me, then M. Another two hours in a coffee shop.
What we shared was private, cleansing, validating, and needed. I didn't know I needed it, but heading into winter, holidays, and the inevitable approach of February 2, I did. There's someone I want to reach out to. I don't know how it will go, but I need to try. My old and new friend reminded that there is nothing like sharing this heavy burden with someone who knows.

2 comments:
Oh, Susan. Bless you. The "labyrinth" is a metaphor, I can see, for the Journey you have taken these last 5 years. I'm so glad you have friends who know how to carry the load with you. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Good to hear from you Ginnie! My first Blogger friend!
Post a Comment