I've noticed over time, I talk (write, post) less about my personal story and more about mental health and ending suicide stigma. I think that's a good, natural thing. But I don't want you to think I don't think about my son every single day and many times a day. For some reason, I was focusing on a gap in his teeth when we had a tooth pulled in Lockport, NY and never got it fixed. A tiny scar below his eye where a cyst was removed. My husband recently found a picture of Adam and me I don't remember seeing before. It was apparently taken on his old Kindle and popped up when he got his new Kindle. What a wonderful surprise technology has given us. Used to be you would find an old picture in a shoebox or something...
Cal sent me a sand castle picture he made today honoring Adam. He never ceases to amaze me with carrying on the legacy of King Tut (LLKT=Long Live King Tut).
I had a couple of notions about my dad the last couple of days. Oh, how he worried about the national debt. When we went to see the new James Bond movie, I thought about how he loved explosions, and judged a movie by how many and how big the explosions were. Not car chases, intellectual intercourse, or good music: explosions.
Life is good.

1 comment:
Tears in eyes...bittersweet...happy memories mixed with sad goodbyes. They're always with us, written in the sand and stars.
Post a Comment