I have had a lousy sleeping (or non-sleeping) pattern lately. But this early morning, I took a break from my usual busyness that afflicts me at 1-2-3 a.m., and ate a cinnamon roll and had coffee on the front porch at 3:30 a.m. It was raining, and just the most peaceful, quiet feeling. I decided that I can eat sweets and decadent foods if they are really, really good, and Aly's cinnamon rolls are really, really good. So I savored the roll and the rain and my thoughts. Never mind, I had indulged in Aly's unbelievable lemon cake layers, filled with strawberry compote and lemon cream cheese buttercream, iced with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream just hours earlier (har har).
This peaceful early morning time is needed since I have been so surrounded by people non-stop since June 16. Six days in a car, sleeping in a room, and gathering with extended family members I have not seen in decades, or am just meeting. It takes a lot out of me. I had one walk by myself in those six days. When I got home, I went straight back to work, and some of my houseguests were here, and will be here until July 8th or 9th. That's 23 days out of my normally serene and slow lifestyle. I love and want them here dearly, but I crave and need my alone time, so here I am.
Eli just came downstairs, fearing someone was breaking or wandering into the house. I told him this is a regular pattern for me, and I will probably go back to sleep in a bit and have some interesting caffeine induced dreams.
My creative juices are flowing, and I think that wakes me up, too. I was inspired on my trip by some small local businesses that have the feel I am drawn to. If nobody took risks, nothing would ever get done. Creatives would not create, niches would not be found, positive energies would not flow out and spark new energy.
1 comment:
Glad you found some peace. I forget the chaos and how it impacts others. I find myself hit hard occasionally by it when I don't expect it. I'm just "done" sometimes. Finding your creativity is a wonderful gift to share. So happy you are exploring that and bringing others along on your journey.
Post a Comment