Saturday, November 30, 2019

Early Morning Musing

🍂 “For each new morning with its light. 
For rest and shelter of the night. 
For health and food, for love and friends. 
For everything Thy goodness sends.” 
– Ralph Waldo Emerson



I thought this was a beautiful little peace of poetry and appropo for this Thanksgiving weekend. My computer is acting up in a small way, but I will not let it discourage me from my path. These old coots (Emerson, Tennyson) are so brilliant. How did they write this centuries ago and it endures? I guess that is something I've always wished for but not actually taken enough action to warrant the words "aspired to." One must be born with it inside of them, and it bursts out unrestrained. 

We've really had a nice family weekend so far, with some belly wrenching laughter and signature moves from deep within me. I have so much to be grateful for, including my dear ones far flung: Eli, Hannah and Adam. 

No comments: