In the hustle bustle of my busy lifestyle, and believe me, the busier I am the happier, it seems, I have not been writing as much. I am sad to see summer go, though the air is softer and the light gentler somehow.
Writing slows me down, and I've been going full tilt with organizing the Out of the Darkness Walk, taking a ceramics class, and Marie Kondo-ing the house again. On the up side, my meditation practice is improving and many exciting things have happened in my internal world as a result.
It started with a visit to Cedar Rapids and my appointment with an intuitive medium. I really don't want to go into the details, but my belief in an afterlife and other dimensions is increased. I learned about my spirit guides and have identified three: Adam, my maternal grandmother Esther, and a special friend Kelley who I feel a special bond with. I have connected with all three and received messages that I need to be bolder in the world, softer with my mother, and open to their guidance. I know that's a little woo-woo, but I am drawn more and more to people and things that are in touch with a greater good, another level, more creative ways of being.
Through the experience of suicide loss, just yesterday I met a woman who was visited by her deceased sister. I enjoyed her perspective, and it is these kind of connections that make the loss of Adam more bearable.
The most important thing meditation has taught me lately is being grateful for the pause I am able to take, which allows me to be open to guidance and clarity in my life. Writing is a necessary and satisfying part of that.
1 comment:
So proud of you, my dear girl!
Post a Comment