I'm not an Easter person, never have been. Most likely has to do with my lack of specific Christian beliefs, literal Biblical theology, distaste for commercialization and materialism of holidays, and the oddness of some people that show up to church only on this and other holy days. But why would I care??
Maybe I'm jealous because I never got a fancy Easter outfit, or a basket full of toys on Easter as a kid. Yes, we dyed Easter eggs and had chocolate, a nice family dinner and even went to church most of the time.
My favorite Easter memories are of Betsy and me scavenging in the church dumpster for palms after Palm Sunday and acting out The 10 Commandments and Pat's famous Golf Ball Hunt for our boys.
So I guess I should stay off Facebook until next week and wish you a Grouchy Easter.
1 comment:
Oh jeez, I forgot about the Palm Sunday palms!!! Thank you for the memory--so funny. I do remember picking up pieces of rice from the front steps after weddings and then throwing the rice at each other as we came down the church steps. Despite not being a super religious family, I sure do have a lot of memories that involve the church next door. :-)
Post a Comment