Saturday, February 10, 2018

Feb. whatever

The days have really been flaking off since the anniversary of Adam's death, 2/2/18. A week goes so fast anymore. I always start the day off feeling great, and by the end of the day, somewhat like a walking zombie. A shower or a walk or ride at the Y usually helps.

I have to admit, I've been counting down the days now to our Florida trip and we are down to 11.


A little over one year ago, I was on this beautiful beach in Destin. This year the destination is Gainesville, which has no beach. No matter...it beats the heck out of Macomb. We are lucky that it worked out so that we are going to be able to see Eli play with the Gainesville Symphony Orchestra. Whatever else happens is icing on the cake.


This was my sand castle tribute to Adam on the beach last year, when I came back to check on it a day later.  He loved his sand castles.

My sweet daughter in law posted this on February 2:

I'll never forget seeing "Alice Through the Looking Glass" just a few months after Adam departed from us 2/2/16. Alan Rickman had also passed away recently, and his voice inhabited a butterfly at the start of the film... very poignant. When I think about Adam now, I remember what the Mad Hatter says to Alice at the end... "In the gardens of memory, in the palace of dreams, that is where you and I will meet."
Alan Rickman said "if only life could be a little more tender and art a little more robust." I agree with him.

Some of Adam's friends posted pictures, memories and thoughts of him. It meant the world to me, and made the day a bit sweeter. 

No comments: