Yesterday was a really nice day. We had a little down time with the boys and Cal was so funny. He was singing out random songs generally acting goofy. That's kind of what happens when a sports season ends. He played his last Legion baseball game Friday, and he will never play in Macomb again at the high school field. He can't wait to get out of Macomb and on our little getaway to Western NY next week.
Then Marissa came over and it always takes awhile to get our groove on, but eventually we did after she was 'bored' with the board game I bought at a yard sale. She was a little lukewarm on the picture treasure hunt I made her, and didn't especially like the sunglasses I picked out for her. She liked yellow but I liked pink on her. I filled up water balloons, as I did last time we were together and they were busting as soon as we carefully set them on the spikey, hard grass. We played Sorry, had dinner and sang a few Karaoke songs. She prefers crap, dare I say, from something called "Victorious," a Nickolodean show and Selena Gomez?? I prefer Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum, even Lady Gaga to that.
That evening I spent with some girlfriends who always crack me up. We played some Loaded Questions and I have the ability to fake people out. Apparently, my inner self doesn't exactly match my outer self, and the game brings that up quite well. I like a shock factor, too. I was out late (11:00) and slept great in clean sheets.
No comments:
Post a Comment