Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Eve

I'll just make this quick, since I mentioned Miss M.  I invited her over for New Year's Eve (she's been asking to visit in the evenings when I am usually too exhausted to be much company).  After poking around on the Internet for ideas I came up with this plan. The only drawback is, she will keep asking to do this again and again and frankly, it's a little more effort than I am usually willing to exert.  I know this because when I did the first treasure hunt around the house and yard she kept asking to do it again. I did not oblige until our last visit before Christmas when I incorporated her gifts into the hunt.

So, here's the plan:  We will have envelopes labeled with every half hour from 7:00 - ??  Kind of like a countdown thing with fun stuff to do in each envelope.  This is what I have so far:

7:00 Scavenger hunt
7:30 Uno game with automatic card shuffler borrowed from my mom (she loves that thing)
8:00 Bake cookie stuffed cupcakes
8:30 Manicure and hand massage
9:00 Time  Capsule

9:30 Help Susan put away Christmas decorations (this will be about the time she'll ask to go home, hopefully)



1 comment:

susan d said...

And guess what she said halfway through the night? "We should have a scavenger hunt every time!" I replied, it's only for special occasions. She asked if President's Day was a special occasion and I said no, maybe Valentine's Day.